Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hold Firm...

Comment: Some things in our lives are very, very challenging. Yet, we are encouraged to do all things without complaining or arguing. Now, this is truly an olympic size task.

Perhaps the best choice is to hold on more tightly to the words and guidance provided through God's word. Through prayer and submission we have the ability to change dangerous mountains into soft, rolling hills and become a meaningful example to others.

Verse: Philippians 2:12 - 18

12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
 14 Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15 so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. 17 But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God,[e] just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. 18 Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment